Wednesday 10 December 2008

Alcyone

I just got back from the movies and found this waiting for me! You can see my cat, Tycho, is interested as well. ;-) I love it!!! This makes my day!

The ornament's explanation reads:"Li Bien" Ornament. In Chinese, the phrase "Li Bien" means "inside". The Li Bien ornament showcases the age old skill of inside painting, which originated in the Qing Dynasty. It has been a respected Chinese art for over 200 years. Each ornament is delicately hand-painted through a tiny opening in the mouth-blown glass. This process requires great skill since the image is being painted in reverse. Each ornament is a genuine work of art and no two are alike. The result is a beautiful, one of a kind keepsake you will enjoy for years to come.

I'm off to eat some peppermint patties now. nom nom nom

No comments: